Senior Manager, Accounting Projects at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced leader to join us as a Senior Manager of Accounting Projects. Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, the Senior Manager of Accounting Projects will support the Accounting team with special projects outside of normal day-to-day accounting activities which are necessary to support growth and scale. The role will interface closely with members of Accounting and Finance teams in identifying and resolving friction in business processes and work closely with Corporate IT and other business departments, to execute and manage these important projects.
- Support the Accounting team with process improvement, system implementations and other projects outside of normal day-to-day operations
- Represent Accounting in various projects designed to update our process and systems infrastructure
- Review cross-functional project charters to determine accounting and finance impact of system implementations and changes
- Partner with IT project managers to document accounting team requirements and manage open accounting and finance issues/questions to support project planning and delivery
- Scope and help implement/update systems for expense reporting, payment processing, and others as needed
- Partner with business and IT to prioritize Netsuite enhancement requests to ensure that the requests are necessary and detailed requirements clearly stated for execution by the IT team
- Work with team to create and update operational policies. Ensure changes to policies are documented and communicated on a timely basis
- Assist the team with SOX documentation for systems and processes
- Take a leadership role in projects designed to facilitate acquisition integration
- Support team members on new processes and systems
- 8+ years of experience working in/supporting the accounting function, particularly with the record-to-report and procure-to-pay processes
- Strong project management skills and passion for/knowledge of accounting and related systems
- Experience with SOX helpful and M&A integrations strongly preferred
- Ability to understand end-to-end processes and what is needed to deploy improved solutions across a global team
- Attention to detail and clear communicator
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and get to a desired course of action
- Proactive, ability to identify needed improvements, gain alignment and execute
- Flexible to manage diverse projects and multi-task
- B.A in Accounting, Information Systems, or Related Field
- CPA preferred
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.