Senior Manager, Accounting at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 a.m. (PST) on Friday, July 2, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As an Accounting Manager at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Finance at Convoy enables “eyes-wide-open” outcomes & execution for the business through financial planning, budgeting, and short/long term research. We seek to have a broad lens on success; balancing financial stewardship vs. enterprise value, growth/winning, and physics. Our goal is never limited to building a great financial model or processing results downstream; we aim to be regarded as trusted advisors and thought leaders by our business partners.
- Manage the month-end close process, review and approve journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Manage general ledger.
- Oversee the AP process.
- Improve our departmental reporting at scale to enable our stakeholder teams to move fast and make high ROI conclusions for Convoy.
- Roll out allocations and planning tools for cross-department spend through strong partnership with FP&A and IT applications teams.
- Head the financial statement and bank audits.
- Prepare and/or reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements and various ad hoc reporting needs.
- Resolve high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Implement new accounting standards, as applicable.
- Manage the Accounting and an offshore team.
- Identify areas for financial operational improvements and executing.
- Identify areas for automation.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting roles.
- Experience launching or managing ERP.
- Knowledge of department-level reporting and allocation.
- The ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills that can flow across a wide range of partners.
- The ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience managing a team.
- SQL and big data experience and research.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!