Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
Smartsheet is looking to find an experienced and high-performing Senior Manager, Accounts Payable to join our growing Accounting Team. In this role, the selected candidate will help establish best-in-class policies and procedures to ensure efficient, timely, and reliable processing of accounts payable domestically and internationally. The Senior Manager, Accounts Payable will initially oversee two Accounts Payable Specialists and will work within the larger accounting organization of more than 35 individuals.
We are an increasingly complex, high-growth SaaS company with expanding international operations where challenging tasks arise on a regular basis. Over the past several months, we updated our accounts payable processes to include utilization of Coupa. An ideal candidate will know how to best work in Coupa to gain efficiencies and will train and coach the Accounts Payable Specialists to do the same. This individual will be expected to work collaboratively with Procurement, Financial Planning & Analysis, and various functions across the entire business.
At Smartsheet, we are passionate about our operations and our team. We are looking for an individual who will be an exemplary team leader and will know how to design, scale, and manage operations while seeking continuous process and system improvements.
- Maintain responsibility for achieving all accounts payable goals, primarily tied to effective and efficient processing of vendor invoices, employee expense reporting, and business travel
- Supervise, mentor and coach a team of two Accounts Payable Specialists
- Hire and retain high performing Accounts Payable Specialists as we grow domestically and internationally
- Design, track, and report on key operational metrics for the Accounts Payable team
- Effectively partner with Procurement, Financial Planning & Analysis, and others across the business
- Own the creation and efficient use of processes within Coupa
- Other special projects as requested
- 10+ years of progressive accounts payable experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience managing accounts payable
- Experience working in Coupa or a similar P2P tool
- Experience managing people and relationships
- Well organized; ability to prioritize tasks and provide a high-level of accuracy
- Ability to analyze problems, develop/recommend solutions, and resolve issues
- Highly proficient with the use of technology for automating and streamlining processes
- Ability to interact with the rest of the team and outside parties and remain professional and flexible while under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- Experience working with multiple currencies preferred
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.