Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable
This Senior Manager role is responsible for leading Smartsheet’s AR, Finance Customer Care, and Cash Operations teams ensuring customer questions are answered and cash collected in a timely manner. This includes the management of accounts receivable collections, customer billing queries, cash applications and reconciliations. This role provides leadership to a team of 10+ team members including 1 Manager, and 1 Lead. This role and team work directly with Smartsheet customers as well as coordinates customer issue resolution activities, and partners with Sales, Customer Success, and Legal teams.
We are an increasingly complex, high-growth SaaS company with expanding international operations where challenging tasks arise on a regular basis. Our team supports 79,000 domain-based customers worldwide. This individual works collaboratively with Sales, Customer Success, Legal, and various functions across the entire business in delivering best-in-class customer service.
As Smartsheet grows, increasing automation to support customer requests will be critical, The ideal will have experience leveraging AI and other machine learning platforms to enable customers to get answers to their questions more easily. At Smartsheet, we are passionate about our operations and our team. We are looking for an individual who will be an exemplary team leader and will know how to design, scale, and manage operations while seeking continuous process and system improvements.
This position reports to the Director Finance Operations.
- Maintain responsibility for achieving all AR and cash operations goals, primarily tied to:
- The timely resolution of customer billing queries per SLA
- Effective collection efforts and AR aging controls
- Accurate and efficient cash applications and reconciliations
- Responsible for delivery of service-level turn-around times for both internal and external customers
- Identify and implement automation and process improvements to increase the throughput of the team and enable them to focus on the more unique customer inquiries and challenges.
- Supervise, mentor, and coach AR and Cash Operations teams and grow as needed to support global operations
- Design, track, and report on key operational metrics for AR and Cash operations
- Provide management oversight on reviewing and approving credit memos and refunds for processing, in accordance with company control guidelines
- Serve as primary point of escalation for Sales, Customer Success, and Legal teams
- Collaborate and communicate policies, processes and procedures across functional teams
- Be the primary contact for the accounting team on monthly close tasks
- Manage staff and other expenses to budget
- Drive continuous AR and Cash operations process improvements, controls, and systems/tools optimization
- Other special projects as requested
- 10+ years of progressive AR and Cash experience in a fast-paced environment, SaaS preferred
- Strategic thinker and process optimizer who can identify and quickly resolve friction in the “billing to collection” process.
- Ability to influence and bring team members and partners along to create and implement win win solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing people and relationships
- Well organized; ability to prioritize tasks and provide a high-level of accuracy
- High degree of curiosity in continuously optimizing team efficiency by analysing problems, Ability to analyze problems, developing/recommending solutions, and resolving issues
- Highly proficient with the use of technology for automating and streamlining processes
- Ability to interact with the rest of the team and outside parties and remain professional and flexible while under pressure
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- BA in accounting, operations or related field
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.