Senior Manager, AR & Billing Operations at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The PitchBook Finance team is looking for a Senior Manager, AR & Billing Operations that can bring industry best practices and the ability to design efficient processes to our high-growth billing and collections engine. The ideal candidate will embrace our company’s core value of “Customers Are King” while driving scale & consistency in our contracting, billing and collections processes.
PitchBook’s AR & Billing team prides itself on contributing to our outstanding client NPS. The team prioritizes speed, accuracy and responsiveness to clients, while maintaining adequate financial rigor. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our operations while handling a high velocity and volume of invoices, client inquiries and follow-ups.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead a distributed team responsible for accounts receivable and billing operations, including invoicing clients, responding to billing/other inquiries, collecting payment and applying cash
- Identify inefficiencies in processes/systems and drive improvements or changes
- Serve as liaison with other departments, including Sales, Customer Success/Account Management, Corporate Systems and Revenue Operations
- Lead or serve as key stakeholder on multiple department and cross-functional projects involving AR/billing
- Drive best practices in contracting structure to enhance efficiency and consistency, including strategies to reduce exceptions, amendments and other non-standard arrangements
- Effectively communicate across the organization, in both written correspondence and verbal
- Serve as the subject matter expert on quote to cash transaction flow and systems
- Measure and report on KPIs, both for team and overall AR/billing financial health
- Train, mentor and coach new and current department employees
- Support the team in assuring that customer needs and concerns are properly communicated and addressed
- Reinforce the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 8+ year’s experience in leading a distributed team in billing/collections or another high transaction volume process in a growth environment
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system required
- Exposure to customer contract lifecycle management (CLM) system & process is a plus
- Ability to understand and navigate complex systems, architecture, and related transaction flow
- Track record of improving and/or automation of high-volume processes required
- Demonstrated ability to lead or serve as key stakeholder on cross-functional projects
- Experience with multiple billing and collection platforms is a plus
- Subscription or recurring revenue business experience is a plus
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Customer service approach
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.