Senior Manager, Central FP&A at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You are continuously learning and are never satisfied with the status-quo. You are as comfortable creating a complex financial model from scratch and getting in the weeds on financial data as you are with managing stakeholders and program managing projects.
- Own 3-sheet financial reporting and managing the monthly reporting rhythm of business
- Run the quarterly planning process and centralization (i.e. centralizing inputs from Finance Business Partners into a forward looking financial forecast)
- Create centralized reporting to unpack risks/opportunities at the department level
- Create analytics to vet financial inputs to our forecast
- Align Finance and Accounting close to streamline the workflow
We're looking for someone who has:
- A thorough understanding of the Financial planning and reporting process.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Finance and/or Accounting (start-up/tech preferred).
- Previously owned a financial planning/consolidation process.
- Ability to be an expert in creating technical deliverables and a deep understanding of how your work will be used and how it will impact business outcomes.
- Proven ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as part of a growing organization.
- Knowledge of SQL and Workday Financials is a plus.
- Experience building and scaling custom GL / ERP solutions and reporting is a plus.
- Experience with technical accounting is a plus.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!