Senior Manager, Integration Accounting at Expedia Group
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Group, we are smack in the middle of it. We create tools and technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodations, rental cars & flights for their trips. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving, and making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
The Senior Manager, Integration & Accounting is part of Expedia's Global Financial Reporting Group. Our team is responsible for providing consistent global accounting guidance, financial results reviews, risk assessments, process/procedure best practices, integration approaches and timelines. We are seeking a candidate with 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, with an emphasis on technical accounting and the operationalizing and standardizing of new business processes.
This position will work closely with local accounting teams, as well as various business partners within Expedia (FP&A, Tax, etc.), to evaluate new transactions and their related accounting impacts. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent problem-solving skills, be self-propelled, and will have the ability to develop and maintain relationships across the company at all levels.
What you’ll do:
- Research and resolve accounting issues, including developing technical memos and operationalizing journal entry flows as appropriate
- Assist in operationalizing the accounting and system/process post integration for acquired entities
- Identify and implement process improvements which increase accuracy and efficiency, ensuring consistency of policy application among all Expedia entities
- Provide ad hoc support on integration accounting projects where US GAAP guidance is needed
- Train subsidiaries on best practices
- Participate in cross functional business activities related to non-integrated subsidiaries
- Assist as needed in the review/coordination of certain month-end close responsibilities
Who you are:
- Accounting professional with 10+ years of progressive experience, including technical accounting research experience
- Proficient in US GAAP particularly in the areas of Revenue (Multiple Element Arrangements), Business Combinations, Complex Intercompany flows, Complex Currency Matters, Leases, etc.
- Strong understanding of international accounting and reporting, specifically differences between international and US GAAP
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important business insights
- Ability to interact with various business partners across the company
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional network outside immediate group to ensure strong internal customer focus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project-management skills, including time management and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- BS degree in Accounting
You will be preferred for this role if you have:
- Public Accounting experience
- Operational Accounting experience
- Experience in Oracle and other ERP systems
- CPA certification
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.