Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the Team:
The Contract Pricing team is a key component of the Marketplace Growth department at Convoy. We navigate the gentle balance between margin opportunities and volume growth potential, within longer term shipper agreements. Effective pricing requires a mix of science and art, as we utilize and influence mathematical models developed by a world leading data science department while simultaneously seeking creative and innovative solutions that generate value for our customers.
As a Senior Manager of Pricing, you will manage a group of pricing analysts and be responsible for defining, developing, evaluating and overseeing the implementation of pricing models and strategies designed to optimize the balance between shipment volumes and margin contribution. You will partner with Sales/Marketing, Business Development, Finance and other key stakeholders to establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue targets. In addition, you will monitor ongoing market conditions to ensure Convoy delivers competitive pricing that can outlast volatile periods while directing the development and analysis of pricing models and projections.
If you thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment and are seeking the opportunity to build and develop a team that has a major impact on making pricing and analytics a fundamental part of Convoy’s continued success, this is the role for you!.
- Hire, mentor, and scale a high performing team that includes both strategic and operational functions
- Build pricing strategies and explore incremental opportunities for growth via pricing across Convoy’s existing and future offerings
- Guide Convoy’s expansion through pricing and lane selection strategy
- Utilize your expertise of the freight industry to drive innovative cross-company initiatives
- Support Shipper Sales and Account Management teams by executing against strategic pricing requests and RFPs
- Actively engage with Carrier Sales to maintain current knowledge of market rates
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics related to pricing activity
- Collaborate across Pricing team to conceptualize, define, and implement the future state of pricing at Convoy
- Partner with world-class product and engineering teams to design tools and infrastructure that support ambitious scale
- Immediate Impact: 7+ years of professional experience (with at least 3 years of that time supervising direct reports) within strategy, analytics, finance, pricing, revenue management or similar fields. Experience defining, supporting, and/or managing pricing decisions as well as pricing frameworks and strategies.
- Strategic Mindset: You are able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy. You also recognize that repeatable processes, that are constantly improved upon, are the key to any organization’s continued success.
- Fluency with Data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business scenario planning. SQL, Sheets/Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Just do it Attitude: You have strong operational mindedness, curiosity and can drive concrete programs and an ability to exceed in a dynamic work environment as an early leader of a growing team.
- Apt Communication Skills: You have excellent written and oral communication skills and can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy/tactics to a range of audiences, including executive leadership. You also have a passion for sharing best practices and curating a knowledge repository.
- Quality Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities and have the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
- Superior Organizational and Time Management Skills: Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous Freight Experience: Bonus points for knowing the freight industry and RFP pricing process inside and out.
- Appetite for Disruption: Convoy is transforming the freight industry and although your experience will guide your approach, you should be willing to reinvent what you’ve learned in order to always seek a better method.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!