Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
You: As Senior Manager over Revenue, you are responsible for overseeing the revenue accounting and accounts receivable teams and will provide your technical expertise in revenue recognition. You are responsible for actively managing and improving the monthly close process and providing day-to-day and longer term strategic leadership to a team of accounting professionals.
You are a strong communicator with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change are vital to this position. In addition to revenue expertise, you have a strong background in generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls. As you progress, opportunities to take on additional oversite responsibilities exist.
Us: Our culture is Smart, Experienced, Motivated, Direct, and Fun. Our commitments to you are simple; provide rewarding project opportunities and support your career development. As a key leader of our global Accounting Team, you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills in a variety of areas.
What we want you to do:
- Oversee revenue operations and assist the accounting director and controller in development of organizational strategies and technologies.
- Manage and monitor accounts receivables, cash collections and cash flow forecasting.
- Lead a team of professional accountants. This includes managing deliverables, developing goals, setting expectations and providing ongoing feedback on performance and development opportunities.
- Serve as technical accounting expert ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC accounting rules and regulations including, documentation of multi-element revenue arrangements and related revenue accounting treatment under current revenue recognition rules.
- Periodically review and update Apptio’s revenue recognition accounting policy.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification of evolving accounting standards and regulations and their potential impacts on the company.
- Work closely with other accounting teams and various Apptio departments in addressing day-to-day business activities and associated accounting implications and recommend practical solutions.
- Manage and improve the month-end close for functional areas of oversite
- Manage compliance with our internal control process, including identifying areas for improvement and assisting in the design and documentation of new controls or modification of existing controls.
- Strong knowledge of technical GAAP and SEC reporting requirements; including expertise in revenue recognition, specifically ASC 606.
- Minimum 7+ years’ work experience, preferably in the technology sector.
- Public accounting firm experience with a Big 4 accounting firm working with a mix of private and public company clients.
- Prior management responsibility is required.
- A solid understanding of the concepts of internal control design and operational effectiveness.
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Superior organizational, process management and communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Advanced time-management skills to handle multiple deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment. We’re looking for an individual who can learn complex processes quickly and take on new tasks including leading projects, while also managing recurring functions.
- Great problem solving and analytical skill to analyze information, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership skills and maintain the highest level of ethical standards.
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.