Senior Mgr, Financial Reporting at Expedia Group
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Manager at our Expedia Group Worldwide headquarters in Seattle, Washington. This position is part of the Global Financial Reporting group and the position would report to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years' experience in the accounting profession with an emphasis on technical accounting and research primarily in the areas of Business Combinations, Revenue and Debt/Equity. Public Accounting experience is a must and some industry experience is preferred. This position will work closely with the Corporate Development team in overseeing and coordinating financial diligence related to potential acquisition targets. In addition, the position will be responsible for coordinating valuations as needed and performing purchase allocations as well as researching technical issues which arise from M&A activity or through entrance into new lines of business or contractual/commercial agreements/relationships. We seek a candidate that possesses excellent problem solving skills, is self-propelled, and has an ability to form and maintain relationships throughout the company at all levels.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate and report out on financial diligence performed on acquisition targets;
- Coordinate and incorporate results of valuation work related to acquired intangible assets;
- Review SPAs and SHAs for accounting implications and be a resource to the Corporate Development team during contract negotiations related to accounting matters;
- Perform purchase accounting allocation and monitor post acquisition triggering events
- Coordinate with Integration team in post-acquisition period to communicate US GAAP discrepancies discovered during diligence;
- Research and document conclusions reached on technical accounting matters primarily in the areas of Business Combinations, Revenue and Debt/Equity;
- Prepare annual Goodwill and Indefinite-lived Asset impairment test;
- Ad hoc support on projects where US GAAP guidance is needed
Who You Are:
- 7+ Years accounting and technical accounting research experience;
- Public Accounting experience required;
- Industry experience is preferred;
- BS degree in Accounting;
- CPA required;
- Proficient in US GAAP particularly in the areas of Revenue (Multiple Element Arrangements), Business Combinations and Debt/Equity;
- Ability to interact with various business partners across the Company;
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills, ability to dive deep, summarize and communicate important business insights;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, persuasive written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Solid organizational and project-management skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional network outside immediate group to ensure strong "customer" focus.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenter®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.