Senior Revenue Accountant
You are a self-motivated Sr. level accountant who contributes to the accounting policies, procedures, processes related to the revenue cycles for Apptio, Inc. This position will allow you to quickly grow into a position of business partner where you will be looked upon for guidance from an accounting and operational standpoint. You have a solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and experience with revenue accounting operations, reporting, systems, and controls. You will report to the Senior Revenue Manager and interact with other accounting groups, finance, sales operations, sales finance, sales, marketing, and legal teams.
As part of the revenue accounting team, you will have insights to the front line of sales and product management, a unique experience within the accounting function.
We are an awesome group of individuals within the Controllership organization. We strive to do great stuff but have fun at the same time.
What we want you to do:
- Primary point of contact for business partners in all aspects of the order to cash cycle
- Provide detailed analysis of monthly activity, explaining movements in account balances that are consumable at multiple levels of the organization
- Produce and maintain SOX control documentation
- Monitor, reconcile and analyze revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled AR
- Be a leader in the design, implementation, and testing of systems and processes for all aspects of the order to cash cycle
- Participate in the development, documentation and execution of policies and procedures
- Support and improve month, quarter, and year-end processes and reporting
- Provide support and schedules for external and internal audits
- Manage special projects and perform duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years accounting experience: revenue recognition for SaaS companies in a SOX environment a plus
- Experience with US GAAP, ASC 606, Sarbanes-Oxle
- Experience with business applications such as NetSuite and SalesForce a plus
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience in establishing effective relationships with business partners: gain an in-depth understanding of their needs to anticipate and deliver beyond their expectations
- Potential to grow with the company and assume more responsibilities
- Experience working cross-functionally with other departments to execute complex projects
- Experience creating and administering regression testing scenarios for revenue accounting operations within business applications such as NetSuite
- Experience identifying weaknesses in controls and driving resolution
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes and driving improvement
- Project management experience
- A passion for continuous improvement and best practices
- Industry experience with specialization in software and/or SaaS companies
- Intimate knowledge and experience with ASC 605 and ASC 606
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.