About The Role
Outreach.io is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Senior Revenue Accountant to join our Revenue Operations team. In this role, you will be involved in daily revenue operations and improvement for automation. You will also participate in the global revenue process, including assisting with contract review, month-end close procedures, and the preparation of ASC 606 compliance analyses.
The ideal candidate is an experienced CPA (or with equivalent practical experience) with at least 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience at either a Big 4 public accounting firm or a high-tech organization with a minimum of 1 years in a revenue specific role. You should have experience from a global, growing software company that has on-premise software revenue and SaaS.
Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be detail oriented, have the ability to operate effectively and independently in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment to help drive the Company’s continued growth, and a willingness to roll-up their sleeves when needed.
This position will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting.
- Perform worldwide monthly financial close related tasks such as validating accruals, preparing journal entries, reconciling revenue related accounts, preparing analytics and management reporting.
- Review and document in depth complex, multiple element arrangements to support compliance with applicable accounting guidance and internal company policies.
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements. Participate in revenue and billing systems automation, improvement and optimization.
- Provide support & maintenance to the Company’s revenue management system.
- Prepare and manage external auditor deliverables and closely with the external audit team regarding any quarterly review and annual audit requirements.
- Research and provide any updates on new revenue standard and their application on the Company’s business.
- Collaborate with the other finance departments and business partners to provide ad hoc research, reporting, and projects as it pertains to revenue.
- Ensure and maintain revenue related internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley. Actively engage in process improvements, including developing and maintaining Sarbanes Oxley controls over revenue reporting.
- Deliver ad-hoc projects as necessary.
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of progressively responsible experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or a combination of Big 4 and industry revenue experience, preferably with exposure to a high-growth SaaS company.
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP with a focus on revenue recognition (ASC 606) Enterprise software and SaaS industry experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large sets of data.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, organized and self-motivatedCPA certification or equivalent practical experience a plus.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status