Senior SOX Compliance Analyst at Expedia Group
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior SOX Compliance Analyst to work on our SOX Compliance Team. Our SOX Compliance team members are critical to helping the company assess the risks across the organization while specifically addressing the organization’s SOX compliance responsibilities. This work requires knowledge of various control frameworks including COSO and COBIT and experience in designing and evaluating internal SOX control environments.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the coordination of the Company's SOX compliance efforts by partnering with business and IT control owners within shared services and the brands, Corporate Audit Services (CAS) and external auditors, including execution of the project plan, reporting, training and communication;
- Partner with shared services, brand controllership teams and control owners to develop, enhance or recommend changes to SOX control design related to new products, or changes to processes and systems;
- Educate, consult, evaluate and advise business partners on internal SOX risks, controls, and mitigation in a large, complex and rapidly changing environment;
- Develop relationships with shared service and brand business partners, leadership, CAS, external auditors, brand controllership teams, and control owners;
- Own the SOX administration software (policyIQ), including set-up and training of new users and any associated troubleshooting;
- Execute the Company’s quarterly and annual SOX certifications process;
- Create and distribute various SOX reporting documents, including monthly/quarterly SOX scorecards, certification reporting, and the annual assessment report of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR);
- Collaborate with SOX control owners to determine control deficiency impact and resolution;
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the Company's internal control framework and processes to identify risks that could impact not only the Company's SOX compliance, as well as the Company's overall internal control framework.
- Develop an understanding of the information technology general control structure of the Company (systems and architecture) and be able to apply that knowledge to how it supports the processes and procedures from a SOX perspective;
- Participate on project teams to ensure that SOX risks and controls are appropriately considered, identified early and managed proactively in the project development lifecycle;
- Support CAS staff during the SOX design assessment and test of operating effectiveness;
- Participate in enterprise wide risk assessment interviews with key stakeholders;
- Travel as required.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with large, complex and rapidly changing organizations;
- Degree in accounting, information technology or related field;
- Public accounting experience with Fortune 500 clients and CPA, CIA, and/or CISA, preferred;
- Knowledge of various control frameworks including COSO and COBIT;
- Experience in control design and evaluation for operational deficiency;
- Experience with documentation of information technology general controls and financial process controls to support SOX requirements, including creation of process flows, narratives and risk and control matrices;
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills required;
- Organization and project management skills;
- Analytical abilities;
- Focus on delivering results, and work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.