Sr. Accountant I - Revenue Accounting
We are currently seeking a senior accountant at our Expedia Group worldwide headquarters located in Bellevue, Washington. It is part of the Merchant Revenue Accounting team which accounts for revenues of certain Expedia Group's global brands including Expedia, Hotels.com, EAN, and Orbitz. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of basic accounting and an intermediate systems background. Core functions will be heavily focused on supporting the close cycle and business initiatives. We seek a candidate that possesses excellent teamwork skills, the ability to work independently, and a willingness to collaborate with business partners to implement effective processes.
What you'll do:
- Participate in month-end processes, including preparing journal entries, supporting schedules, and reconciliations.
- Work with various teams to provide data in support of financial and statutory audits worldwide.
- Support business initiatives that have an impact on revenue accounting - including new points of sale, new lines of business, expanding customer service tools, and additional forms of payment.
- Research and resolve technical accounting issues surrounding revenue recognition related to new contracts
Who you are:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to clearly articulate complex processes to audiences with differing levels of understanding
- Revenue accounting experience including exposure to revenue recognition principles, foreign exchange and complex business arrangements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Experience working with complex systems and processes required; Helpful to have exposure partnering with IT/system teams to implement solutions or enhancements
- Excellent time management skills including ability to act as primary owner of individual projects, analyses or processes
- Demonstrated history of maintaining cross-functional network outside immediate group to ensure strong "customer" focus
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP system. Business Objects preferred, but not required
Experience and Qualification:
- 3+ years accounting experience, preferably in a large growth oriented international organization or high tech company
- BS degree in Accounting (required)
- CPA (strongly preferred)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.