Sr Accountant I
The Sr. Accountant position is part of the Corporate Accounting - Operating Expense team. This team is responsible for accounting, analysis and reporting of Expedia's Global expense activity in areas including marketing, cost of sales, technology and administration.
The Sr. Accountant will prepare accruals, reconciliations, analytical reporting, and support business teams by providing accounting guidance and analysis support. The ideal candidate is dedicated, proactive, team oriented and able to perform a variety of accounting functions independently.
What you’ll do:
- Timely and accurate recording of expense activity in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare month-end journal entries and analyses
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for marketing accruals including communication with vendors and partners, obtaining approval in compliance with policy and control
- Identify trends or issues that require management's attention
- Work with business partners to provide accounting guidance and analysis support
- Special projects as assigned
Who you are:
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting (required)
- CPA is a plus
- Strong Excel skills as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues and business partners across the company
- Attention to detail and proactive approach
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP systems preferred
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly change environment
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.