Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Are you a hands-on individual that can work independently and provide advanced accounting expertise in support of a company’s revenue drivers and initiatives?
Expedia Group is hiring for a hardworking, high energy Sr. Accountant I. You will have direct responsibility for applying and updating revenue recognition policy guidance, the Accountant will drive monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue, own validation and reconciliation of all revenue related accounts, analyze high volumes of transactional data, run auditor requests, and will work closely with cross functional departments.
What you will do:
- Maintain and carry out the Company's revenue recognition policy
- Ensure the proper accounting treatment for all product and service offerings is documented
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, as well as with emerging accounting standards
- Assist with SOX process and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain reconciliation of GAAP reporting to internal operating metrics
- Streamline systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient and accurate recording and proper classification of revenue
- Run monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including invoicing, contract analysis, procedures and preparation of monthly revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable reconciliations
- Reconcile and analyze all revenue and receivables related accounts including revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, bad debt expense, and reserve
- Assist in the quarterly and year-end audit process, actively working with external auditors to ensure the interpretation of revenue recognition accounting standards is consistent and aligned with GAAP
- Liaise with external auditors regarding revenue and proactively resolve all revenue-related issues
Who you are:
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years corporate and/or public accounting experience
- Prior experience with high volume transactional revenue systems and data analysis required
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Experience with revenue recognition guidance
- Experience with revenue and deferred revenue reconciliations and journal entries
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, and a willingness to dive into the details
- Validated experience being dedicated to improving and documenting departmental processes
- Ability to interpret and research accounting guidance
- Self-motivated, deadline oriented, fast learner, who is a dedicated, hands-on teammate with excellent problem-solving skills
- Execution focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong process and system skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across functions to resolve problems
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- CPA or actively pursuing a CPA
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AG3Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Read Full Job Description