Sr. Accountant II - International Accounting
We are currently seeking a Sr. Accountant II - International Accounting at our Expedia worldwide headquarters located in Bellevue, Washington. The role is part of the International Financial Reporting team which supports global accounting and compliance for Expedia Group, including supporting international expansion into new markets. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in accounting and an understand of finance processes and systems.
What you'll do:
- Prepare monthly reporting to support international sales operations and related cash transfers.
- Coordinate between cross-functional teams such as, tax, treasury and other accounting teams.
- Participate on project teams to design, build, and test processes to support monthly reporting and cash transfers for global expansion into new markets.
Who you are:
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting required; CPA or MBA a plus
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience, including public accounting experience
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP system
- Foreign currency experience
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to use accounting knowledge and previous experience to add value and assist in meeting the department's objectives while working in a fast-paced, team oriented, rapidly changing, high-growth organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to articulate clearly complex processes to audiences with differing levels of understanding
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional network outside immediate group to ensure strong "customer" focus
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills including ability to act as primary owner of individual projects, analyses or processes
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.