Sr. Accountant II at Expedia Group
We are seeking an Sr. Accountant II at our Expedia Group headquarters located in Bellevue, Washington. Our team is responsible for accounting, analysis and reporting of Expedia Group's global expense activity in areas including cost of sales, cloud computing, technology, consulting, contingent staff and administration. This Senior Accountant will prepare accruals, reconciliations, analytical reporting, and support business teams by providing accounting guidance and analysis support. The ideal candidate is dedicated, proactive, team oriented and able to perform a variety of accounting functions independently.
What You Will Do/Role & Responsibility:
- Responsible for accounting, analysis and reporting of Expedia Group’s Global operating expenses
- Prepare journal entries, supporting schedules and analysis
- Perform month-end closing, Flux review and account reconciliation
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Participate in month-end processes, including reporting and reconciliations
- Support business teams by providing accounting guidance and analysis support
- Work on non-routine projects - such as process re-engineering or improvements, cross functional projects, system implementation and creating processes for new assignments
Who you are:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to articulate clearly complex processes to audiences with differing levels of understanding
- Attention to detail and proactive approach
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional network outside immediate group to ensure strong "customer" focus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills- ability to prioritize effectively
- Team player with multi-tasking skills, ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to identify potential process improvements and implement projects and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Experience working with complex systems and processes preferred
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP systems
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 5+ years accounting experience preferably in a large growth oriented international organization or high-tech company
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA strongly preferred
- 2+ year public accounting experience preferred
- Tableau experience preferred
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AG3Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.