Expedia Group's Treasury team is responsible for the company’s cash positioning, investments, free cash flow and working capital management resulting from approximately $100 billion in annual gross bookings generated from its global portfolio of brands that offer travel products in more than 200 countries and territories. The Treasury team also handles key risk management activities, including its foreign currency hedging program and manages capital markets activity. The team partners closely with key finance functions, as well as legal and business teams to support key strategic projects and ensure liquidity and appropriate funding.
In this position on our FX team, you will play an integral role in managing Expedia’s foreign currency exposure risk. The candidate should have a passion for finance, strong analytical thinking and an interest in global currency markets.
What you’ll do:
- Trade recommendation and execution for balance sheet and cash flow foreign currency hedging programs
- Real-time quantitative analysis of hedging performance with a focus on identifying areas for improving program effectiveness and efficiency
- Preparing monthly FX/hedging accounting results to present to the review committee, which includes members of Expedia Group’s senior leadership team
- Evaluating, monitoring, and communicating banking counterparty performance
- Researching new markets and foreign exchange trading capabilities as needed
- Partnering with the cash management team to support global liquidity needs of Expedia Group
- Cross-functional collaboration with internal groups such as accounting, tax, integration, legal counsel, and advisors
- Other responsibilities may include cash management and forecasting support, acquisition integration, and processes and procedure improvements
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree - Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of Treasury/Accounting/Finance experience in a multinational corporation
- Understanding of accounting concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and improve processes
- Strong organization methods for handling multiple projects and prioritizing deliverables
- Strong data manipulation skills, including Excel or SQL: Lookups, pivots, complex formulas
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.