Sr. AP Specialist
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Accounts Payable Specialist who will direct the efforts of the accounts payable team by coordinating, training, and providing back up for all functions within the accounts payable department in addition to performing routine tasks as needed.
- Data entry related to imports and allocation of duty, taxes and other import costs in AP records
- Reviews invoices and vendor payments, ensuring timely and accurate payments to all vendors
- Performs in-depth issue resolution for unpaid and problematic invoices
- Provide excellent service and communication to internal customers and external vendors, ensuring issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Recommend and implement system modifications to increase efficiencies or reduce costs
- Perform month-end close procedures including journal entries and reconciliation of Accounts Payable and related trade payable accounts
- Ensures seamless integration of enhancements to Accounts Payable with current systems and processes, in partnership with the Technology team and vendors.
- Assists the Accounts Payable Lead with staff and vendor education regarding Accounts Payable systems and processes
- Ensures that information within the relied-upon reports are complete, current and accurate
- Ensures the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting related to the Accounts Payable function
- Ad hoc projects and analysis, as deemed necessary
- Experience with Oracle Financial Systems or similar ERP system required, Concur Invoice and Concur Expense
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience required
- Ability to perform daily coding and processing of high volume accounts payable data within established time frame and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to research and resolve complex payables issues
- Excellent professional and effective written and verbal communication skills throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to internal customers and external vendors
- Strong organizational skills and detail- oriented
- Advanced Excel skills is a must
- Ability to lead and direct others in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and process simultaneously
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Desire to motivate the team to meet business objectives and individual career goals
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount