Sr Finance Analyst - Corp FP&A at Expedia Group
Senior Finance Analyst, Corporate Finance
As a member of the Corporate Finance team, you will play a critical role in providing senior management an assessment of historical and forward-looking financial performance, including analysis of business performance and trends, analysis of quarterly earnings, and communication of business insights. This role will partner closely with finance teams throughout Expedia Group as well as other internal partners including Tax, Accounting, Investor Relations, Treasury, and Corporate Development to ensure alignment and support enhanced information sharing. You will work on a project-by-project basis with members of the Corporate Finance team and other members of the finance leadership team.
What you'll do:
• Provide key analytical support to senior finance leadership on highly complex or unusual business problems
• Deliver in-depth analysis and synthesis of Expedia Group financial performance
• Investigate new ways to evaluate and analyze business performance
• Identify opportunities across the business for greater efficiency and productivity
• Prepare executive presentations demonstrating a mastery of the financial details to develop thoughtful strategic recommendations
• Support the quarterly earnings process by providing management and Investor Relations with insightful analysis of business performance
• Prepare weekly and monthly management reports and assist in Expedia Group forecasting
• Participate in developing the long-term strategic plan for the worldwide finance organization
Who you are:
• BA/BS degree required
• At least 3-5 years of prior experience in finance/accounting roles
• Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
• Ability to succinctly synthesize findings; excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work independently with limited guidance
• Passion for analyzing data to drive decision making
• Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AG3Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.