Sr Finance Analyst at Expedia Group
As a member of the eCommerce Finance team, you will play a critical role in providing eCommerce leaders with business insight into the financial performance of the organization. To succeed, you will need to be passionate about finding ways to add value in a complex matrix organization. The role will serve as a key finance business partner supporting Risk, Payments, and Transaction Services. This position requires a proactive, curious, and independent mind with a strong work ethic that can synthesize large, sometimes disjointed data into actionable recommendations to management. In addition, you will need to build rapport and partner closely with multiple groups across Expedia Group to ensure alignment and sharing of best practices.
What you'll do:
- Produce reporting packages, P&L variance analysis, and reporting on business trends and KPI's
- Manage the operational and headcount related costs for teams supported
- Partner with the broader finance organization to ensure understanding and alignment on Platform & Marketplace metrics
- Proactively approach finance and business leaders with fact-based analysis and recommendations to drive value for Expedia Group
- Support business cases with robust financial models and creation of relevant KPIs
- Drive the annual planning and quarterly forecasting process for teams supported
- Influence decision-making to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization
- Be flexible in a dynamic work environment and be willing to do what it takes to help the team win
Who you are:
- 4+ years progressive experience in finance / accounting roles
- Bachelors degree in a business, financial or accounting discipline; MBA a plus
- Familiarity with Hyperion Planning / Essbase or similar applications is desired
- Familiarity with Business Objects, Tableau and/or SQL a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative financial analytical skills
- Curious, independent and proactive thinker with demonstrated record of approaching management with original views on how to improve the business using data driven analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including explaining complex financial metrics to a non-financial audience
- Exceptional spreadsheet modeling capabilities with strong attention to detail; comfortable working with complex relationships and formulas
- Familiarity with organizing and analyzing large data sets; strong database skills desired
- Extremely well organized and efficient with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently within demanding deadlines
- Strong attention to customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Results oriented individual with a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
- Demonstrated understanding of forecasting / planning processes
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.