Sr. Finance Manager, Retail Finance at Expedia Group
Retail Finance is seeking a dynamic, self-driven and motivated problem solving Sr. Finance Manager to join the Retail Reporting team. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of our Retail brands (Brand Expedia, Portfolio, Hotels.com and Vrbo) during an exciting time as Retail brands are coming together and we look across brands to gain synergies and scale. The goal of this newly created team is to have Retail-wide lens, while also understanding each Brand's business performance with a key focus to drive actionable insights. This role will play a major part in automating the outlook process, a top priority for EG, and driving accuracy across our Retail Brands. Key aspects of the role include cross-retail projects and aligning processes and definitions across Retail and EG. Flexibility is key as roles and responsibilities will continue to evolve as we embark down our new path as Retail Finance. This role includes a lot of exposure across EG and key stakeholders include our Retail CFO, Retail Finance LT, Corp FP&A, IR and numerous finance/accounting partners across all Divisions.
What you will do:
- Manage at least one direct report
- Lead various working groups to continuously improve the outlook automation process
- Identify ways to improve outlook accuracy and become a voice for Retail in EG’s outlook accuracy workstream
- Create better ways to tell the story of Retail’s P&L/ performance
- Partner across Retail finance and EG to develop a deep understanding of business levers and identify opportunities to drive value into the organization
- Lead the Retail MBR process
- Drive process improvement through effective collaboration and partnership across EG finance
- Distill complex financial data into actionable information, build financial models, analyze new trends and initiatives, and perform ad-hoc modelling as require
Who you are:
- 8+ years of finance experience with growing responsibilities; management experience is a plus
- High level of intellectual curiosity that drives sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management
- Advanced analytic, modeling, forecasting, and presentation skills
- Results driven and highly motivated, with the ability to think big and small.
- Able to lead and influence decisions across various internal functions
- Ability to interpret and present data in a visually compelling format to financial and non-financial audiences
- Passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.