Sr Manager, Finance at Expedia Group
We are the eCommerce Platform (or eCP for short), an organization of over 3,000 employees – not including our many customer support agents – that runs the technology engine under the hood of the powerful Expedia Group machine. eCP is the foundation for Expedia Group’s daily operations – from IT support to data center management, system access to traveler assistance, payment services to big data. Our teams are front and center in the lives of our employees and we are working steadily behind the Expedia Groups’ brand websites, converting customer “clicks” into incredible travel experiences. We power Expedia Group’s travel revolution with a world class platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale.
Within eCP, the Global Customer Operations (GCO) team manages the customer experience on behalf of several Expedia Group brands across the traveler journey. GCO agents and products interface with the customer through voice and other channels to provide support, service and resolution to their shopping/booking and travel experiences.
We’re looking for a dynamic, self-driven and customer focused Sr. Finance Manager to be an integral part of our GCO Finance team supporting Brand Expedia (BEXG) customer operations. As a key member of the GCO Finance team, you will play a critical role in driving shareholder value by providing insight into financial performance through analysis, forecasting, reporting of key operational and financial metrics and KPIs. You will also be responsible for distillation of complex financial data into actionable information while managing financial models, analyzing new initiatives, reviewing operational metrics, and preparing financial forecasts. The Sr. Finance Manager will lead a team of three.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with key business teams, stakeholders and senior leadership in the GCO and BEXG organizations
- Oversee GCO BEXG P&L and provide insight into drivers of service costs and telesales revenue
- Understand key business drivers and provide management with actionable insights through monthly financial reports, quarterly forecast packages, and trend/variance analysis
- Lead the preparation and compilation of MBRs, QBRs, annual plan, quarterly forecast, and ad hoc analysis
- Develop and maintain financial models, perform ad-hoc analysis and scenario analysis to drive decision making
- Influence decision-making to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization
- Drive change and process improvement through effective collaboration and communication with stakeholders
- Support the month-end close processes and work with accounting to review results and provide monthly accruals
- Lead a team of three direct reports
Who You Are:
- Advanced analytic, forecasting, reporting, and modeling capabilities
- Proactive, independent thinker with demonstrated record of approaching management with original views on how to improve the business using data driven analysis
- Executive level written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex analyses in a simple manner
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
- Exceptional data analysis skills at a detail level to provide insights, feedback, and perspective on operational and financial performance
- Detail oriented with ability to see the ‘big picture’ and understand key trends and levers
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at a fast pace
- Ability to create strong relationships, work with diverse teams, and influence across functional & business boundaries
- Strong attention to customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities
- Results oriented individual with a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
7+ years of relevant finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility
BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field. Graduate degree in business or finance preferred
Proficiency in financial modeling and Excel, experience with Hyperion/Essbase or similar applications is desired
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.