Sr. Manager, Financial Systems at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful - making an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard work, flexibility, and collaboration to creatively solve problems and constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. We offer employees the chance to get e-commerce, inventory/manufacturing, and traditional retail (through our showrooms/stores) finance experience.
Blue Nile is looking for a leader to help bring our financial systems to the next level. This person will represent and help organize the Finance group as we move to our next generation financial system. This person will help document and review business requirements (BRD/Stories), coordinate with IT counterparts, drive UAT, perform training, and facilitate implementation/go-live. An idea candidate should have a background in Finance/Accounting and systems, and have experience in financial system implementations. The position requires excellent communication skills and project management skills. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to add value to an innovative company, implement change, drive efficiencies, and make a difference in their role.
- Independently collect business requirements from finance end users and draft formal requirements documents (BRD/Stories) to create processes, reporting, or tools to meet user needs.
- Review requirements with a broad group of stakeholders and negotiate buy-in/approval.
- Act as liaison between finance and tech teams, translating between business and technical requirements to work through issues and keep the implementation moving forward.
- Provide status and project management services for all phases of the project.
- Coordinate UAT design, planning and execution. Coordinate finance end user participation during UAT effort and facilitate sign-off. Monitor UAT progress and report out status to finance team including executive leadership.
- Perform training and create training documents for the new system as required. This may include “train the trainer” approach, or direct training of end users.
- Coordinate go-live, including cutover timing, conversions, transition plans, and reconciliations of converted or opening amounts.
- Perform post go-live support after system is live.
- Other projects and initiatives as needed.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, information systems, or related area required
- 7-12 year’s experience on a finance/accounting team or working on ERP implementations
- Experience collecting business requirements, user acceptance testing, and successfully driving projects to completion
- Hands-on experience working in a Finance or Accounting group
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to change
- Team player with a willingness to learn and help
- Positive attitude, displays leadership and enthusiasm
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salary
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount