Sr Manager, Tax - International Reporting
Expedia Corporate Finance is all about maximizing shareholder value. The Expedia U.S. International Tax Reporting team maintains the responsibility for calculating and reporting the income tax effect of Expedia's foreign entities for U.S. Tax reporting. We collaborate with other groups within the Tax Department and the Expedia organization to properly report financial results while retaining controls. We play an integral part of company growth by assisting with transactions and company initiatives. As a member of the team, you will help to achieve team goals and priorities that are aligned with the comprehensive goals of the Expedia Tax Department as well as the broader Expedia organization. Expedia's Tax Department is a high-energy, fast-growing work environment.
You will assist the Director in establishing direction, goals, and priorities in the reporting of the U.S. tax effect of international operations while ensuring accuracy in U.S. Tax Reporting.
We seek an individual who will work with the Global Tax Provision and Foreign Tax Provision teams to support the year-end tax provision calculation and reporting process and ensure accuracy, documentation, and accessibility of tax positions taken.
You will need to collaborate effectively across tax disciplines and the wider company matrix.
What you'll do:
- Support quarter and year-end financial reporting process
- Review of U.S. income tax book / tax differences for international operations, including subpart F, foreign tax credit, IRC §956, Transition tax, GILTI and other U.S. adjustments
- Review FIN 48 reserves related to international tax calculations
- Review year-end current provision
- Manage preparation of book / tax differences calculations for international operations
- Review international information forms, including Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 8621, and 1118
- Review reporting and compliance for gain recognition agreements
- Maintain documentation for book/tax difference positions taken
- Provide U.S. income tax controversy support
- Develop, follow and practice Expedia’s core values
- Expand Tax presence (e.g., internal presentations, build connections outside of tax)
- Train new team members
- Mentor / lead team and Tax department members to ensure ongoing professional development
- Partner with other leaders of the Global Tax Reporting team
- Routinely monitor legislative updates and technical guidance
- Meet CPE requirements
- Analysis of tax developments and technical guidance. Prepare / review technical memo or other deliverables documenting the analysis and conclusions
- Provide support for International transactions and business initiatives
- Review modeling of the international tax effects of internal and external transactions
- Review calculations for international consequences of mergers, acquisitions, and restructuring
- Analyze and model legislative changes
- M&A – Review analysis of international tax planning opportunities
- Technology – Support and manage technology implementation (e.g. SharePoint, CorpTax)
- Controls and Processes –
- Maintain process documentation, including preparation of initial processes and annual updates of existing processes
- Assist and direct continuous improvement, enhancement, and efficiency of the international tax compliance and provision process
- Support ongoing process transformation while ensuring adherence to controls and policies
- Opportunities – Actively identify income tax opportunities and exposures
Who you are:
- Hold a BA/BS and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
- CPA license preferred
- Have at least 8+ years of experience in international tax concepts and at least 5+ years of public accounting experience with one of the “Big Four” firms or equivalent experience
- Possess comprehensive technical skills in general accounting principles and Federal income tax concepts
- Experience as a manager including supervising teams to build an atmosphere of trust; providing technical training and mentorship to other team members; coaching staff including providing timely and meaningful feedback.
- Have tax software experience, preferably CorpTax
- Exhibit a strong aptitude for identifying and implementing operations improvements
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- You should demonstrate the ability to utilize tax knowledge and previous experience to make valuable contributions and assist in meeting the department’s objectives while working in a dynamic, team oriented, rapidly changing, and fast-growing organization
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent computer and tax research skills
- Be organized and attentive to detail
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Be a self-starter and diligent problem solver
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-FC1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.