Sr Manager, Tax at Expedia Group
Are you looking to join a dynamic and growing VAT team that handles and manages the cutting edge digital economy VAT issues and legislation that you hear about at every VAT conference and training?
Do you have a passion for travel? Would you like to be part of an organization that is building the most powerful ecommerce travel platform to revolutionize how the world travels and connects through the power of technology? If you answered yes, then Expedia’s International Indirect Tax team might be a great fit for you.
Expedia Group is looking for a VAT Senior Manager to join Tax Team in the Headquarters in Seattle. The VAT Senior Manager will be key player on the International Indirect Tax team helping support business operations with all VAT/GST matters in all countries outside of the United States.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly articulate his/her findings to executives through written and verbal communication. Ideal Candidate will develop a deep understanding of global business operations, financial results, and intercompany relationships and will work closely with the Finance, Accounting and financial systems and technology teams on the implementation of automated and scalable VAT processes and systems solutions for Expedia Group’s ecommerce travel platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Partnering and providing VAT advice and operational implications to Expedia lodging supply executive business leaders, and working cross functionally with finance, treasury, legal teams, and external advisers on significant business and VAT impacts that are relevant to important to Expedia’s Global Lodging Partner Supply Business.
- Interpret and advise important digital economy VAT legislative and policy proposals. Assist the public policy and business teams in defining and implementing appropriate strategies and solutions in response to new digital economy VAT rules.
- Assist in implementation of automated and scalable VAT processes and systems to both support Expedia’s rapid international growth economy around the world and to allow the business to react quickly to new and evolving digital economy VAT legislation and policy proposal.
- Research and document Expedia’s VAT technical positions relating to Expedia’s global lodging supply operations and identify and implement required process and VAT controllership changes and improvements.
- Review intercompany and third-party contracts and make recommendations on tax clauses to agreements
- Coordinate with International Direct Tax and Transfer Pricing teams with respect to the VAT implications of potential acquisitions, investments and business expansions and restructurings.
- Research and document other international indirect taxes impacting Expedia’s global lodging portfolio such as local lodging and tourism taxes, stamp taxes and transfer taxes.
- Manage and consult with external tax advisors with respect to the potential impact of changes to Expedia’s business operations and the impact of new tax legislation, tax court decisions and administrative rulings and identify impacts to Expedia’s existing VAT processes and systems arising from these changes.
Who You Are:
- A passion for travel and ecommerce technology platforms.
- 10+ years of experience including public accounting or law firm experience. Industry experience in the technology or travel sector is preferred.
- APAC Indirect Tax experience preferred.
- Experience with implementing automated VAT business processes and controls would be very desirable.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and quickly adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex VAT technical issues into simple concepts that business partners can understand and help operationalize.
- A proven track record of collaborating and delivering results working as part of a cross functional team both in the local office and with the global organization.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.