Sr Manager, Tax at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace determined to revolutionize the travel industry? Does being part of a hardworking and growing team energize you?
Expedia Group is seeking a Senior Manager for our dynamic and growing international tax team based in our Seattle, WA office. You will be an integral member of the company's International Tax Planning Team and support Expedia's strategic business initiatives, including Mergers & Acquisitions.
In this role you will work in close cooperation with members of the wider Tax team and other Finance teams to develop detailed tax planning and structuring proposals as required by the business. You will also support transaction related tax compliance, reporting and advisory functions. Our international team is based across the U.S., Singapore, Brazil and London and is passionate about travel and tax, enjoys work/life balance, a strong and friendly work environment, and benefits from a supportive leadership team.
What You'll Do:
- Provide dedicated tax advice and help drive the development and implementation of international tax strategies in support of Expedia's worldwide business
- Partner with business leaders, other Finance and Legal teams as well as external advisors to support Expedia on business expansion initiatives, transactions, cross-border reorganizations, M&A Due Diligence and post-M&A integration activities
- Ensure that tax technical and business impacts are thoroughly researched, documented, and clearly and concisely communicated to finance and business partners
- Analyze, communicate and document tax reporting and financial statement impacts as a result of transactions and planning initiatives
- You will continuously build and nurture collaborative relationships throughout the organization to facilitate effective communication with business partners
- Take initiative to drive process improvements employing technology solutions
- You will monitor and analyze global tax developments to identify and define planning opportunities and needs
Who You Are:
- 7+years experience in U.S. corporate and international tax, including several years at a public accounting or law firm. Industry experience in the technology sector preferred
- Minimum of 4 years focused experience in international tax planning, including experience in U.S. taxation of international transactions
- Good understanding of non-U.S. corporate tax systems and tax treaty concepts
- Exceptional organizational / time management abilities with great attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment with proven ability to handle competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong research and analytical skills and an eye for business and ability to integrate business objectives and tax strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate tax requirements to senior management and business partners at all levels of the organization
- Masters of Tax or JD, and/or CPA preferred
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.