Sr Mgr, Consumer Payment Operations
The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the primary provider of payment tools, systems, and support between Expedia, Inc. and its network of [535,000] properties in 200 countries, 400 airlines, packages, rental cars, cruises, as well as destination services and activities. We are the gatekeeper of money coming in and out of Expedia, processing more than $100B payments per year. Why build your career with us? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and teamwork.
The Senior Payments Operation Manager reports to the SR Director of Global Payment Operations and will play a key role in supporting the Global Expedia Group Payment Operations team:
Manage Payment Operations team (4 direct reports – total team ):
o Maintain Resources (Hiring/termination/additions, team meetings, morale activities, development and training)
o Create/monitor new hire plans
o Prioritize and delegate Team Deliverables as allocated through Strategic and Payment planning cycles
Product Expansion and Daily service requests (Groom User stories, Sprint Planning, Daily Kanban review)
o Performance feedback (1:1’s, Talent Reviews and YE reviews)
o Participate in Strategic initiatives and planning (resource impacts)
o Ensure PCI/SOX compliance is met
Manage Vendor Operational performance across the team:
o Ensure Vendor critical issues resolved quickly (early identification of possible issue/break, obtain root cause analysis, drive solutions)
o Review Vendor performance monthly with managers
o Vendor engagement (participateMBR & QBRs)
o Participate in Vendor RFP requirements and Contract reviews
Maintain relationships with key partners and leadership team:
o Provide payments recommendations
o Identify, prioritize, investigate and resolve payment issues
o Communicate issue impacts and end results to Leadership team
Manage Product Evolution & Innovation by onboarding and expansion of payment options:
o Provide high level operational requirements and recommendations
o Ensure Operational SOPs are created and updated, FAQs in place
o Publish/author Monthly Communication (EGP Payment Operations Report); Review of team deliverables (product launch support, challenges & success, and performance goals)
Improve payments performance by:
o Establishing key performance indicator and Dashboard, setting goals and dedication to results
o Daily Team Dashboard review (steer action and improvements)
o Work with manager to translating operational pain into system and process requirements
o Provide solutions to payments issues that have significant customer or business impact
• Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic planning, relationship building & influencing, and results focus.
• Responsible for being a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more Payment Operations subject areas, may be asked to develop and implement best practices as well as train others on these best practices.
• Provide tactical ownership of payment policies, procedures, and strategies to support the rollout of new payment products / service offerings.
• Accountable for achieving monthly performance targets as set by Director of Payment Operations.
• Coordinate day-to-day operations, coach, and lead a remote support team to set and achieve defined targets and performance measurements.
• Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and daily service levels are met.
• 4+ years leadership/supervisory experience
• 6+ years of hands-on experience with payments processing or payments operation
• 3+ years of experience with large to medium size e-commerce merchants preferred
• You have experience in leading payments processors and vendors
• Ability to communicate effectively at a high level to various internal and external customers/partners
• An excellent problem solver, ability to quickly get to the root and common patterns of problems
• Ability to stay calm in critical situations, willing to prioritize and resolve complex issues
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.