Sr. Operations Analyst, Tax at Expedia Group
Expedia's Tax Organization are all stewards of Expedia’s financial future. Across the breadth of our finance functions, we will constantly push ourselves and our business partners to make timely, holistically considered and financially intelligent decisions…and then execute with purpose.
We provide robust tax requirements for business and technology solutions, manage partner expectations by defining Tax accountability for efficient delivery, partner with Accounting to develop efficient operations and adopt change management to evolve the tax function. We are here to embolden our brands and help them drive growth. We will do so with creativity and nimbleness, yet with a bias towards scalability.
The Expedia Tax Technology Team seeks a highly-motivated Sr. Operations Analyst to serve multiple tax engine needs. You will lead daily operations of the tax engine including configuration and metrics, You will be responsible for ensuring that tax rate content is loaded and handled correctly in our global tax calculation platform and you will support projects by researching and analyzing tax issues and creating appropriate deliverables for use within the tax department and in the broader company.
What You Will Do:
- Research and respond to requests regarding supplier tax rate setup.
- Partner with the business to ensure the accurate set up of tax attributes during the supplier onboarding process.
- Balance the load and maintenance of tax content into the 3rd party tax engine(s).
- Perform routine audits of key tax attributes including addresses, jurisdictional assignments, and tax rates.
- Research and document tax rate content as needed to support company and tax initiatives.
- Participate in the development and execution of a global tax content management plan.
- Help with delivering documentation of requirements related to tax reporting needs, tax platform enhancement requests, and new features.
- Assist in the development and execution of user acceptance testing plans.
Who You Are:
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel
- Organized and attentive to detail is key for this role
- Works well independently or in a team environment
- You will need excellent computer and web research skills
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver is needed
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex issues and lead and follow processes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant Finance or Accounting experience in a technology or fast-paced travel-related organization
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Tax related discipline
- Direct experience in research and analysis of transactional taxes strongly preferred
- Prior experience with the Vertex tax engine preferred
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.