Sr Program Manager, Indirect Tax at Expedia Group
Expedia Group seeks a highly motivated Senior Program Manager, Indirect Tax Programs.
As a key member of our team, you will guide the work of a hardworking group in the delivery of International Indirect tax requirements and program management for small and large programs.
In this position, you will contribute significantly to the transformation of tax systems at Expedia, from pricing through compliance filings.
Ready to make a difference? Consider Expedia!
What you’ll do
- Work across product and program functions, guiding the Indirect Tax teams to provide system and data solutions, tuning, and monthly compliance reporting end-to-end delivery support of projects and product requirements.
- Have or become a domain go-to in Expedia’s Tax process, content and data.
- Drive roadmap delivery and requirements; facilitate increasing velocity across this subject matter area.
- Lead delivery with other business partners, responsible for defining tax-specific data analytics, goals, and projects.
- Define appropriate metrics for reporting.
- Working with the Global Tax team, determine requirements for reporting and data for ad hoc and repetitive reporting.
- Communicate optimally across teams regarding priorities, status and delivery.
- Monitor ongoing delivery, including promptly identifying, communicating problems, and facilitating creative solutions to resolve blockers in timely manner to support business operations.
- Responsible for developing implementing Key Performance Indicators for operations reporting metrics.
Who you are
- Deep experience working in financial systems; finance / accounting is preferred
- A background in financial systems, tax, and / or accounting
- A strong curiosity for data and a passion for improving systems for our users
- Previous accountability for process improvements and system recommendations
- Operating with Vertex or transaction tax is ideal
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach.
We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes.
We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.