Sr. Revenue Systems Analyst
Expedia’s Revenue Systems Team is looking for a Sr. Systems Analyst to help support the company's Revenue Accounting, Cash Accounting, and various Finance teams with data, reporting, analytics, process automation, and tool creation/maintenance needs. The Revenue Systems Team members utilize their technical knowledge to bridge the gap between IT and Accounting making the team an integral part of the greater Global Financial Reporting(GFR) team.
What you'll do:
- Assist Revenue Systems Manager or others with architecting, designing, developing/coding, testing, and delivering complex revenue systems with minimal or no technology team support.
- Execute recurring Revenue Systems processes, reporting, and data controls.
- Modify previously created SQL queries and create new SQL queries from scratch.
- Collect business requirements from accounting end users and create reporting, processes, or tools to meet their needs.
- Maintain SOX and operational controls around tools and data sources including access controls, data quality controls, change controls, and disaster recovery.
- Utilize VBA and SQL to conduct data analysis to support organizational data requirements/research, or provide necessary data sets to end users.
- Represent the needs of Revenue Accounting and Systems for selected technology projects. Deliverables may include: documentation on impacts to Accounting, UAT planning and/or execution, and reporting and management communication.
- Act as liaison between accounting and data warehouse teams, translating between business and technical communication styles to work through issues and develop new processes.
Who you are:
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, information systems, or related area required.
- 3+ years experience working with large relational databases required, including comfort writing and running moderately complex SQL queries.
- Experience collecting business requirements documentation, user acceptance testing, and successfully driving projects to completion preferred.
- Intermediate/expert level experience with Microsoft Excel functions required; experience with macros and VBA preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge and Behavior:
- Demonstrated strong customer focus - passion for accuracy and the ability to identify who the customer really is.
- Communication skills - written and oral. Must be able to build and communicate a vision. Ability to communicate clearly the approach to solving a problem as well as the ability to handle constructive criticism.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and accounting processes preferred.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn other applications easily.
- Strong data, analytic and technical skills including a working knowledge of large-scale transactional relational databases.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.