Sr Tax Analyst, Indirect Tax
The Sr Tax Analyst, Indirect Tax will support Expedia Inc’s growing Domestic Indirect Tax Operations Team. Expedia Group is an American travel company that owns and operates several international global online travel brands, primarily travel fare aggregator websites and travel metasearch engines including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Trivago, Venere.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and HomeAway.
What you’ll do:
- Perform a variety of recurring and non-recurring indirect tax functions including detailed review of tax returns, analysis, and lead day-to-day Gross Receipts compliance filings for U.S. jurisdictions, with an emphasis on Washington Business and Occupation Tax.
- Assist with project work as required on a variety of business advisory, financial reporting, transactional tax data, tax research and analysis projects.
- Mentor and develop compliance team members
- Identify and document compliance process enhancements
Organize workflow to manage daily responsibilities for individual and team to meet deadlines and provide updates to leadership
Who you are:
- Prior experience with Washington’s B&O tax a plus, but not required.
- Initiative and the willingness to identify issues independently and solution
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to engage in, prioritize, and perform multiple ongoing tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts; must be flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- Highly motivated to achieve constant improvement and efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups
- Ability to learn internal systems and software quickly (e.g., Oracle, Vertex, data warehouse, and like systems)
- Strong team player willing to assist in any capacity needed
- Possess a strong desire to learn and a natural intellectual curiosity
- Multi-task in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Desire and ability to learn a new business and company, along with the associated tax issues
- Ability to prioritize work to deliver on all deadlines especially tight timelines
- Diligent problem solver with an ability to deliver high-quality work product
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field
- Masters in tax or accounting is a plus, but not required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- 4+ years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
*LI-FC1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.