Sr Tax Systems Analyst
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of applicable Finance or Accounting experience in a technology or dynamic, travel-related organization.
- Proficient with all applications of the Microsoft Office suite, including: Excel, Word, MS Project, Visio, and Outlook preferred.
- Experience with charts, graphs and visualization of data; Tableau and Alteryx are a plus.
- Exemplary and proven organizational and interpersonal skills with a focus on the details.
- Ability to communicate highly complex and multi-faceted technology and data concepts to non-technical colleagues in a simple, clear and concise way, both in written and verbal formats.
- You possess a comfort and demonstrated ability to communicate to large audiences and ability to persuade and create action with peers, upwards and downwards in the organization.
- You take pride in excellent analytical skills, coupled with self-motivation and an ability to exceed expectations in a dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of tax engines (Vertex) and/or prior experience with sales/hotel occupancy taxes a plus.
- Experience with data analysis tools including SQL, TeraData, Tableau and Business Objects.
- Working knowledge of software development processes with a focus on eCommerce preferred.
- Prior proven Finance Business Analyst and/or hands on Project Management experience preferred.
What you’ll do
- You are a SQL and Python expert; have experience with related data analysis tools to deliver information and support the business
- You will become an expert in Expedia data and deliver against ad hoc and ongoing requests for information.
- Analyze changes to business process and systems throughout Expedia brands; deliver solutions to Tax related to reporting, systems, and compliance operations.
- Develop solutions to automate, streamline, and enhance data access, data integrity, and business processes.
- You have passion around improving processes and systems.
- Collaborate with Finance partners, business sponsors, product managers, developers, and other parties to deliver project designs and business requirements.
- Represent Expedia Tax Department in multi-functional business meetings concerning data and systems requirements.
- Prepare data to support compliance and controversy, including incorporation of multiple data sets to create an end-to-end view of data flows.
- Manage project delivery details, including coordinating with project team members and ensuring deadlines are achieved.
- Work effectively, both on your own and as part of a team; collaborative working demeanor is critical to success.
- You effectively mentor and develop junior staff and enjoy sharing your knowledge
- You possess attention to detail and passion around digging deep into data and resolving issues.
- You have automation experience with Alteryx, Tableau, RPA, bots is desired. A real passion for learning and applying new tools is a substitute.
Why Join Us
-Mandatory to copy and paste at the end of every job advert
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
-i.e: If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.