Staff Accountant (CPA)
A little bit about us…
Our company is a well-financed, financial technology start-up located in Seattle. The company is currently in the process of being spun out of its corporate parent and we are building our team - currently we are less than 15 employees. We are looking for an Accountant to join us in our mission to deliver our game changing product. We’re moving past the old way of thinking and are creating a seamless universal platform to bring the exchange of funds up to the speed of the Internet. Join and grow with us – you will have an impact!
What you’ll be doing:
* Perform regular accounting tasks including reconciliations, preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
* Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
* Prepare necessary financial reports for executives, investors and board members.
* Ensure necessary business licenses and state employment and business insurance are in place.
* Prepare and file local, state and federal taxes in accordance with regulations.
* Perform or coordinate audits as necessary.
* Prepare and update annual budget and provide data and analysis for board and investor presentations.
* Oversee and track employee plans including: payroll, benefits, stock options, 401(k) and health savings accounts.
* Ensure that proper employment tax reporting occurs and all are compliant with federal, state and local regulations.
* Work with counsel to review client and vendor contracts for advantageous and compliant financial terms and conditions.
* Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
* Recommend financial procedural and systems improvements as company matures.
* Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
* Prepare special financial reports as directed.
What you bring to us:
* B.A. in Finance or B.S. in Accounting, CPA preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in general business accounting required.
* Extensive knowledge of GAAP.
* Start-up experience preferred; experience in a regulated industry helpful.
* Experience with employment taxes, payroll and stock options.
* Quickbooks experience preferred. Advanced Excel required.
* Experience in tax reporting and preparing financial statements required.
What we offer:
* Competitive start-up salary.
* Full benefits package.
* Potential for equity.
* Fun place to work with smart people!
* Collaborative environment and a small team, currently we’re less than 15.
* You can bring your dog to work if you like.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To agencies: We are currently not working with agencies, thanks.
Read Full Job Description