At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, business and finance professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. Founded only 5 years ago, the company has grown rapidly, achieving more than $375M of revenue in 2020. We are continuing our rapid growth as we expand our product offerings and footprint, which continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and provide a better buying experience, making the complex simple and providing valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Role
The Assurance Finance team is seeking an innovative Staff Accountant that thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. This position is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate invoicing of customers, recording of revenue, application of receipts, and directing an offshore accounts payable team. Additionally, this person will support senior leadership by assisting with audit requests, quarter end close, and other demands as they arise. While in this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects with data science, marketing, and commissions in this ever-evolving company.
This role reports into the Accounting Manager, and is a great fit for a highly motivated individual that takes the initiative to solve problems and enjoys the opportunity to improve existing processes.
- Support the preparation of internal and external financial statements and schedules
- Prepare assigned monthly journal entries on a timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analyze and reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Work with the business to ensure accruals are complete and accurate
- Analyze and report on key expense categories
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and maintain supporting documentation
- Review all Concur and personal reimbursement transactions to ensure compliance with company policies
- Analyze internal processes, identify improvements to reduce closing cycle time and create other efficiencies
- Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate Financial Closing policies, narratives and procedures for GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Support departmental and business leaders by providing accurate information/analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in finance or accounting
- Experience with Oracle AP, AR and GL modules a plus
- Intermediate Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, lookups, conditional formatting)
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet deadlines
- Customer service-oriented skills and mindset
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.