Staff Accountant - Technology
Who You Are:
You are an independent self-starter who is an expert in accounting rules such as Capital vs SGA and even familiar with new GAAP rules. Your level of communication is high, articulate and effective. You Foster an excellent relationship with finance in all aspects and have strong problem solving capabilities.
Your Next Challenge:
Getty Images believes the right image can move the world. For over 20 years, we’ve helped creative, business and media customers to define moments and shift perceptions using powerful imagery from www.gettyimages.com and www.istockphoto.com. With over 300 million images and video clips from over 250,000 creators and partners, Getty Images is a world leader in visual communications.
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet account reconciliations
- Contributes to monthly close cycle
- Conduct moderately complex accounting activities
- Be a key contributor to monthly close cycle
- Analyze financial statements and prepare commentary of variances
- May prepare internal financial statements, management reports and draft footnotes
- Performs work independently with limited supervision and takes initiative on new projects
- Takes responsibility for all areas and projects assigned, including delegation to others
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results
- Demonstrates ability to understand and explain complex accounting concepts and solve complex issues; has strong technical accounting ability
- Demonstrates ability to understand the input and output of the process tasks and accounting issues; is a subject matter expert
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Challenges current process/reports for continuous improvement
- Communicates effectively and leverages cross-functional problem solving
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3-4 year minimum accounting/finance related experience
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Significant financial analysis and budgeting experience, with background in financial operations a plus
- Experience with Oracle Financials and advanced Excel/MS Access/MS Project applications
- High level of integrity and encourages open, candid, trusting relationships
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.