Navigating Cancer is a healthcare technology company creating innovative software for cancer programs across the United States. We provide a comprehensive web portal that connects patients with their care team and their electronic health records, as well as to other patients across our network. We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and we consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work every day. You get to work with cutting-edge technology, wear as many hats as you can and contribute daily to our business success. You get to help us grow to establish ourselves as a world-class business. We believe in each other, believe in our work and have a lot of fun along the way.
We are seeking a full-time staff accountant to join our growing Accounting and Finance team to assist with the day-to-day operations of the accounting department. The ideal candidate must be energetic, analytical, a self-starter, dedicated, organized, with strong attention to detail and a high level of integrity. The position has good potential for advancement and there are constant opportunities to make a difference while continuing to grow, develop, and take on new challenges to develop your career.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closing cycle including journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Review and process AMEX expense reports on a monthly basis including payment and reconciling the account.
- Assist in submitting required tax filings such as B&O tax, sales and use tax, L&I, and annual reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial reports such as financial statement, budget performance, and forecast.
- Assist in the preparation of support for annual audit and various federal, state and local tax filings.
- Assist with the implementation accounting policies and procedures.
- Maximize efficiencies, organize work processes and procedures, and automate procedures through system improvements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (required)
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Word and Excel (required)
- Experience with QuickBooks (required)
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadline
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and providing quality ideas for improving organization’s processes
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.
Navigating Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and local laws. Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
This position is full time, on-site with the Navigating Cancer team in our office in downtown Seattle. We offer competitive compensation, health insurance, 401K, PTO, holidays, and other benefits.
If you meet our qualifications and have a desire to work for a company that makes a difference in the healthcare community, while developing your career, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
(No recruiters, please)