Hiya is revolutionizing the way people make and receive phone calls. We are one of the fastest growing mobile startups in the world. The phone dialer app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is changing this by working with mobile phone makers (like Samsung) and mobile carriers (like AT&T) to bring this innovation to more than 60 million monthly users in 196 countries. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest we have the backing from top investors in the US and Europe, and an exceptionally diverse and skilled team.
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our rapidly growing team. Ideal candidates will have prior general ledger accounting experience, familiarity with internal controls, excellent communication skills, enjoy interacting with members of management and other stakeholders and be a true team player. Ideal candidates will also be self-starters, very responsive with both humble and positive attitudes.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Cash accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets
- Monthly expense variance analysis
- Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Property, sales and use tax and franchise tax returns
- Proactively work with management in various departments, including engineering, sales operations
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Public accounting (especially Big 4) experience preferred
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt as needed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly organized and able to shift gears quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Prior experience providing a high-level of customer service through candidate interaction
- A team-player attitude and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status