Blue Nile is a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful - making an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard work, flexibility, and collaboration to creatively solve problems and constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. Blue Nile offers a reimbursement program for those who would like to pursue their CPA license.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Supervising Senior Accountant who will have responsibility for accounting for inventory and assist in month-end close. In addition, this individual will be preparing account reconciliations for assigned accounts, as well as perform various analyses and other ad hoc projects. Technical accounting skills, knowledge of internal controls and processes, analytical skills, curiosity, passion for our business, and strong communication skills are the keys to success in this role. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to add value to an innovative company, implement change, drive efficiencies, and make a difference in their role.
- Month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts, and preparation of internal analyses and reports.
- Primarily responsible for accounting, reconciliation and documentation for all aspects of the inventory cycle, including inventory obsolescence, LCM analysis, and diamond upgrade program.
- Perform preliminary review of accounts reconciliations and monthly analyses related to areas of responsibility.
- Identify and maintain internal controls in all areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation and drive the implementation of solutions.
- Supervise and mentor staff, promoting engagement and professional growth.
- Serve as a backup for various accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Accounting for marketing expenses
- Accounting for internally developed software
- Various accruals and liabilities
- Prepare requested documentation and analyses for external auditors.
- Other projects and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of four years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Detail-orientation and ability to take ownership of projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with good analytical and problem-solving skills around accounting analytics and processes
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to change
- Team player with a willingness to learn and help
- Positive attitude, displays leadership and enthusiasm
- Working knowledge of Oracle required
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- CPA preferred
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount