Supervising Senior Accountant
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Supervising Senior Accountant who will have responsibility for accounting inventory and assisting with month-end close. In addition, this individual will be preparing account reconciliations for assigned accounts, as well as perform various analyses and other ad hoc projects.Technical accounting skills, knowledge of internal controls and processes, analytical skills, curiosity, passion for our business, and strong communication skills are the keys to success in this role. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to add value to an innovative company, implement change, drive efficiencies, and make a difference in their role.
- Month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts, and preparation of internal analyses and reports.
- Primarily responsible for accounting, reconciliation and documentation for all aspects of the inventory cycle, including inventory obsolescence, LCM analysis, and diamond upgrade program.
- Perform preliminary review of accounts reconciliations and monthly analyses related to areas of responsibility.
- Identify and maintain internal controls in all areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation and drive the implementation of solutions.
- Supervise and mentor staff, promoting engagement and professional growth.
- Serve as a backup for various accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Accounting for marketing expenses
- Accounting for internally developed software
- Various accruals and liabilities
- Prepare requested documentation and analyses for external auditors.
- Other projects and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of four years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Detail-orientation and ability to take ownership of projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with good analytical and problem-solving skills around accounting analytics and processes
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to change
- Team player with a willingness to learn and help
- Positive attitude, displays leadership and enthusiasm
- Working knowledge of Oracle required
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- CPA preferred
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount