Tax Accountant at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced tax professional to join our growing Tax team as a Tax Accountant in our Bellevue, WA Office. The Tax Accountant will gain exposure to a wide variety of tax topics and will be involved in all aspects of Smartsheet’s federal, state and international tax filings as well as special projects and tax research.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions
- Preparation of indirect tax returns including sales and use tax returns and value added tax returns
- Assist Director of Tax with supporting workpapers for federal, state, and foreign income tax returns and quarterly estimated payments
- Perform tax research for federal, state and international issues
- Preparation of account reconciliations and/or journal entries for all tax related general ledger accounts
- Maintain documentation regarding internal tax processes including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- 2+ years tax or accounting experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department
- Proficient in Excel, Word and online research software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, analytical and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.