Tax Department Coordinator
Expedia Group has an exciting opportunity to join its team as a Tax Department Coordinator.
The Tax Department Coordinator provides overall support for the Tax Team’s use of external advisors and other vendors, including contract review and management, accrual and billing analysis, and budgeting / reporting. Additionally, the Tax Department Coordinator monitors tax department resources, including headcount, and coordinates learning and education opportunities for the team.
The Tax Department Coordinator works with professionals within the Tax Team while establishing key relationships within other departments (Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Legal, Procurement, and Accounting).
What you’ll do:
Specific responsibilities of the Tax Department Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Administer the vendor contracting process for the Tax Team, including review and revision of contracts to ensure compliance with company policies
- Coordinate contract review by other departments including Legal, Finance, Procurement, and/or Risk & Security
- Maintain an inventory of executed agreements with pertinent engagement information and ensure compliance with executed contracts
Professional Services Billing Management
- Initialize and maintain billing matters for each professional services engagement
- Coordinate the monthly accrual process
- Liaise with vendors / contractors to ensure invoices align with billing guidelines
- Monitor spending relative to budget for each engagement
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices
- Prepare and maintain the annual Tax Department budget, including quarterly updates and analysis
- Prepare budget reports for quarterly Tax Department reviews and monthly meetings with Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Headcount Administration – Update department headcount information (including department organization chart) and reconcile with FP&A and Recruiting reports
- Learning and Education – Communicate learning and education opportunities to the Tax Team; assist with scheduling and registration of training sessions; ensure the Tax Team’s continued compliance with NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) certification.
- Adhere to Expedia’s core competencies
Who you are:
- You hold an Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline (Bachelor’s degree is a plus)
- At least five years of relevant experience within a finance / billing department, preferably for a software company
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker (formerly known as Serengeti) preferred
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, etc.) preferred
- Must be flexible and willing to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment where priorities change to meet changing business conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.