Tax Manager Indirect Tax
Are you looking to join a dynamic and growing VAT team that handles and manages the cutting edge digital economy VAT issues and legislation that you hear about at every VAT conference and training?
Do you have a passion for travel? Would you like to be part of an organization that is building the most powerful ecommerce travel platform to revolutionize how the world travels and connects through the power of technology? If you answered yes, then Expedia’s VAT team might be a great fit for you.
Expedia is looking for a VAT Manager to join a newly created VAT team focused on supporting Expedia’s Global Lodging business. Expedia’s Global Lodging business brings together travelers and over 750,000 properties and growing. The VAT Manager will be key player on both the Global Lodging business team and on the Global VAT team.
You must be able to clearly articulate your findings to executives through written and verbal communication. You will develop a deep understanding of global business operations, financial results, and intercompany relationships and will work closely with the Finance, Accounting and financial systems and technology teams on the implementation of automated and scalable VAT processes and systems solutions for Expedia’s ecommerce travel platform.
This position is based in Seattle, Washington and will be part of a growing team of 20 VAT professionals worldwide.
What you’ll do:
- Manage indirect tax audits and provide coordination fir responding to tax authority requests
- Review VAT/GST returns and coordinate with accounting, payroll and business units to complete timely and accurate compliance reporting.
- Research and document VAT technical positions relating to Expedia Group’s operations and identify and implement required process, VAT controllership and compliance changes and improvements. Assistance with drafting indirect tax policies and procedures as needed.
- Track and communicate internally changes in indirect tax rules and regulations. Research and model impacts of important VAT legislative and policy proposals. Assist in implementing appropriate strategies and solutions in response to new VAT rules.
- Partner with Expedia business leaders and work cross functionally with finance, treasury, legal teams, and external advisers to provide VAT advice and guidance.
- Assist in implementation of automated and scalable VAT processes and systems to both support Expedia’s rapid international growth around the world and to allow the business to react quickly to new and evolving digital economy VAT legislation and policy proposal.
- Review intercompany and third-party contracts and make recommendations on tax clauses to agreements
Who you are:
- A passion for travel and ecommerce technology platforms
- 5+ years of experience including public accounting or law firm experience. Industry experience in the technology or travel sector is preferred.
- Experience with implementing automated VAT business processes and controls would be very desirable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and quickly adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex VAT technical issues into simple concepts that business partners can understand and help operationalize
- A consistent record of collaborating and delivering results working as part of a cross functional team both in the local office and with the global organization
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-FC1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.