Tax Manager at Blue Nile
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
- Ensure the timely and accurate filing and payment of federal, state, and international tax obligations.
- Filings include state sales and use tax returns, international value-added tax returns, international statistical filings, and tax-related general ledger account reconciliations.
- Provide necessary information to 3rd party service providers in order to prepare federal and state tax provisions, estimated payments, and returns.
- Review income tax returns, calculations, and payments.
- Research and document federal, state and international tax technical issues.
- Manage tax audits and notices, and prepare information requested by auditors.
- Maintain internal control documentation related to tax accounts.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive the implementation of solutions.
- Other projects and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. CPA license or Master’s degree is a plus.
- Continued education focusing on tax law in US and international jurisdictions.
- 4+ years’ experience managing indirect tax and/or income tax across multiple jurisdictions.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Detail oriented individual with a strong sense of ownership.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities while meeting day-to-day deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive, effective, and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written).
- Desire to continually develop and strengthen federal, state, and international tax technical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced skills in Excel.
- Capacity to learn and respond quickly with a ''can do'' attitude.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount