Dropbox Tax has an exciting new opportunity to join the growing Dropbox Tax Indirect Tax team. You'll be joining a fast-paced, dynamic multinational tech company and will gain experience in a wide range of tax disciplines. This fantastic Indirect Tax - Tax Technology Manager role will help break new ground at Dropbox and will initially focus on developing scalable tools, systems and processes and partnering with other Dropbox teams to deliver the on-boarding of new Indirect Tax jurisdictions. This role will lead the implementation, maintenance and improvement of tax technology for Indirect Tax
The ideal candidate brings enthusiasm for all things tax, is hands-on, analytical and enthusiastic, and has strong communication, project management, and collaboration skills. You are a problem solver who perseveres when faced with challenges. You are a self-starter who follows through, partners well with cross-functional teams across Dropbox. You gets stuff done, and have a passion for both Indirect Tax and Tax Technology.Responsibilities
- Establish Tax team technology and data strategy (automation, tools, outsourcing / insourcing)
- Responsible for E2E Indirect Tax calculation tech requirements to support tax product initiatives, changing compliance requirements or legislative / policy changes
- Identify efficiencies and improvements to Tax processes / calculations (e.g., tax reporting, compliance, operations) using existing and new technologies
- Partner with Dropbox product, engineering, design and finance teams to develop short / long-term Indirect Tax implementation roadmap
- Work with Indirect Tax and/or, if needed, broader tax team members to understand needs and collect business requirements
- Lead the planning and execution of complex tax projects while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Provide post-production maintenance and support
- Monitor ongoing Tax operations, proactively communicate updates, anticipate potential issues and implement appropriate mitigations
- Draft and maintain tax product documentation and user experience requirements, feature specifications, and standard operating procedures
- Track projects, timelines, and commitments on projects and deliverables
- Stay informed on the latest tax technology trends
- 6+ years of tax technology experience with Big Four Public Accounting and/or in-house tech company tax experience, SAAS experience preferred
- Experience with Vertex, Stripe and Alteryx, along with strong understanding of how Oracle Cloud impacts tax
- Exceptional prioritization, project management, and organizational skills including an ability to synthesize complex tax matters into simple, concise communications
- Strong collaboration / teaming skills to partner with cross-functional teams to accelerate progress on multiple priorities and deliverables and to solve challenging scaling initiatives
- B.S. degree in Finance or Accounting, graduate degree preferred
- Ability to thrive in a Virtual First environment as well as with in-person collaboration
- We are building a compassionate culture where you can do your best work—no matter who you are or where you’re from - we are looking for tax folks with an interest in working with a diverse group of tax and finance folks who are all about making work human
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $108,800 - $128,000 - $147,200.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.