Technical Accounting Manager
The Technical Accounting Manager is a key member of the Finance and AccountingTeam, and will support these teams with their knowledge and application of USGAAP, development of policies and internal controls, and analytical skills. The ideal candidate has a public accountingbackground and experience with Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC")filings and will have regular exposure to interactions with the ExecutiveLeadership Team while also serving as a strong leader within the Finance andAccounting team.
- Support compliance with US GAAP in key technical areas (i.e. fair-value, business combinations, SaaS/multiple-element arrangements)
- Review recent accounting standards and determine applicability – experience with new revenue recognition and leasing standards a plus
- Participate in the development of and/or updating of company policies
- Assist in the development of robust internal control frameworks
- Support coordination of external audit activities
- Prepare quarterly debt compliance financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Administration of the financial closing and reporting process
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly and annual tax filings
- Perform monthly financial statement results analysis - identify trends, summarize findings, and provide recommendations from analysis, including research and collaboration with non-finance personnel.
- Communication of monthly internal and external financial results, including analysis of actuals and involvement in forecast creation.
- Coach and development bi-coastal team with focus on personal and professional growth within Finance.
- Perform ad hoc analytics on large/diverse datasets using various tools and techniques.
- Other duties as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, MBA a plus
- CPA required Minimum 5 years of experience; public accounting (Big 4) experience a plus
- Public company SEC filing experience, S-1 experience a plus Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and other financial/accounting principles
- Attentive to detail
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of data, work in a fast-paced, continuously changing, environment, and use technology to gather, clean, extract and transfer information/data
- Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond what is required to get the job done
- Expert level user for Microsoft Office applications – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate successfully with individuals at all levels of the organization