Transfer Pricing Manager
The Transfer Pricing Manager will work with Expedia's transfer pricing team and other members of the tax, finance, accounting and legal departments as well as business line professionals on all aspects of developing, implementing, maintaining, testing, and defending Expedia's transfer pricing policies. This role will be focused on transfer pricing audit defense and income tax controversy matters.
What you'll do:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implement tax controversy strategies, including drafting and responding to IDRs, meeting with tax authorities.
- Advise on transfer pricing planning aspects of business expansion including entering into new countries, reorganizations, and cross-border transactions involving multiple jurisdictions
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation and define and implement appropriate global strategies
- Prepare and present executive level communication of project plans, milestones and RACI to broad stakeholder group, including tax leadership team and finance leaders
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and reporting results and recommendations
- ASC 740 analysis and position documentation
- Research transfer pricing and cross-functional tax issues
- Perform financial / economic analyses and building financial valuation models
- Manage and working with outside advisors
- Draft intercompany agreements
Who you are:
- 5+ years of transfer pricing experience in public accounting, equivalent consulting or industry experience
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Business with Accounting background/knowledge; advanced degree (MBA, JD, Ph.D.) is preferred
- Ability to think strategically and to proactively identify, research, prioritize and resolve transfer pricing issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide senior management with actionable advice with respect to complex transfer pricing issues
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and partner well with people at all levels within an organization
- Self-starter, hard-working quick learner
- Able to work in a dynamic, informal, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Solid transfer pricing planning and technical expertise in and understanding of US, OECD and local transfer pricing laws and regulations, DPT, MAAL, experience in tax controversy and knowledge of other cross-functional tax matters
- Seasoned project management skills and ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Solid track record of developing and managing high-performing teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with other corporate functions in the implementation of business expansion plans and projects
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.