Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Treasury is a core part of Remitly's business, as it is tied to both revenue generation and risk mitigation. The goal of the team is to support the mission of Remitly by managing risk, providing superior foreign exchange - FX - execution, and optimizing our use of capital to deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world.You will report to our Treasury Manager, and contribute to the Financial risk management framework of the company: FX, Liquidity, Optionality and Counterparty risks.
What you'll do:
- Participate in producing analyses regarding financial risks, FX spreads or cash flow cycle to optimize the use of capital and the Profit and Losses - P&L - of Treasury
- Partner with Treasury Engineering team to determine data requirements or process flows and to problem solve on all issues related to Treasury Business
- Help develop mathematical models used to forecast future cash flows or components of the financial risks
- Prototype lightweight tools to facilitate Treasury's Management
- Build dashboards using BI tools, such as Tableau
- Write methodologies about the components of the risks, the financial instruments, the P&L of Treasury
Who you are:
- You thrive in environments that value your quantitative data analysis skills.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative finance, actuarial science, engineering, risk management, Masters/Post Graduate preferred.
- Data manipulation skills (SQL, Python or similar languages), and a capacity to extract insights from data
- You can code lightweight tools under guidance
- Theoretical knowledge of balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer