Trust & Safety - Business Analyst, Payments
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is rapidly growing our Payments team and are looking to bring on an experienced Payment Risk Analyst who has experience with e-commerce fraud, KYC/CIP, payment strategy, and payment operations. This position requires a person who has strong CNP, chargeback, ACH, digital payments and online financial services experience, with a focus on on minimizing risk and maximizing returns.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an evolving Trust and Safety Operations team. Your contributions and previous experience will help us maintain a safe, healthy community and create a trusted and neighborly customer experience.
- Prepare, update, and support chargeback processes with both internal and external partners
- Provide analysis and actionable recommendations to support the business to achieve payments revenue optimization
- Develop and report out on KPIs and scorecards, highlighting issues and cost saving opportunities towards chargebacks and payment fraud
- Implement mechanisms that precisely detect risky activities on our platform
- Identify deficiencies and implement systems of continual improvements that reduce fraudulent activities
- Validate business requirements with relevant teams to ensure payment operations balance customer and business needs
- Monitor industry trends for best practices, fraud tools, regulations and credit card brand compliance and provide recommendations
- Prove out theories based upon your data and knowledge of industry to make quick operational changes that increase efficiencies, reduce costs and gain trust with our community members
- Assists in maintaining internal and external risk platforms, deploying rules, and triaging and tracking bugs
- Deliver improvements to our performance metrics based on understanding the drivers of operational expense
- Enter and maintain accurate investigation/fraud/chargeback reporting. Provide escalation and updates to leadership independently
- Proven experience and knowledge in Card Not Present (CNP), ACH, and Credit Card Chargebacks
- Experienced in dealing with Merchant or Payer fraud including account take over, money laundering and collusion schemes
- Knowledgeable on current AML, Fraud, industry standards and best practices
- Solid knowledge of SQL, statistical concepts, and strong ability to analyze data for patterns
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent team communication and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and think independently
- Ability to look at risk problems holistically and balance the needs of customers, stakeholders and other internal partners
- You love dynamic work environments and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced startup
- Experience with fraud/chargeback in an eCommerce environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Customer facing operations experience
- Strong skills and experience in complex ecommerce payments issue resolution
- Experience in data acquisition, organization, and presentation
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and processes
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.